Monday, February 2, 2009

Windsor Castle and Oxford in Snow

Hello All!

Here's a little update on my weekend:
I went to Oxford on Friday so I would have an easy commute to London/Windsor on Saturday. Well, it was not such an easy commute because the railways were under construction so I was delayed. I was on the train to London when the sun came up and it was really beautiful. However I did make it to London on time! I went to Windsor Castle on Saturday, it was really nice. It's a really big castle and the chapel in it is amazing. However, you can't take pictures in there. (It figures you can never take pictures in the places you actually want to). One of my friends was on his phone in the castle and some guy that worked there came over and told him they were going to put him in the dungeon if he didn't get off. haha.

Anyway, we went to a pub for lunch, and I came back to London to pick up some cheap Pashmina scarves. Everyone wears them here. I got 3 for 5 pounds (like 7 dollars); I got a green, yellow, and blue one!


Afterwards I made it back to Oxford and read some for school on Saturday night. Then Sunday I watched the superbowl (it wasn't on here until like 1 in the morning) and basically just hung around. Hiroki got really sick the next day so after playing mom I ended up going to his lecture for him and getting the handout;I went into this really nice school and pretended I was an Oxford student. It snowed here so we went up to this church with this tower and it overlooked the whole city and was really pretty. But I forgot the camera (story of my life), so I don't have any pictures. All of the trains were delayed home because of the snow so I got in around 5.

Now I am here!

No comments:

Post a Comment