Saturday, January 17, 2009









January 16, 2009 10:30pm Hello all! I got back a little bit ago from my day trip to St. Fagan's and Cardiff. This is the church that we had tea in earlier today. Both of the places were really nice, and I learned a lot about Welsh and British history. We departed at about 9:15 in the morning, and I fell asleep on the bus ride there. (I must have been tired, because I never fall asleep on bus rides! Anyway, we got there around 10 and went to St. Fagan's, which basically looks like Pennsbury Manor except a little cooler. We took a lot of pictures and saw what Welsh life was like over the past few hundred years. I'm looking to get the pictures online but my computer takes forever to load them. So I am going to try to load them at the library sometime this week, and hopefully this will be successful. A few highlights from St. Fagan's: 1. Trying to fit 4 people in a phonebooth. 2. Taking this really cool picture behind a tree. 3. Seeing cool Welsh stuff. 4. Walking around aimlessly on a sunny day. 5. Not hearing the Patsy Fagan song for once in my life when hearing the name Fagan. Afterwards, we went to Cardiff. Cardiff is a nice city, and I think it's a lot like Oxford. Pretty much all small towns here or "cities" have a town centre and then small streets with shops in them. We went a few places, saw a protest about the Israeli-Gaza situation (British people protest constantly, I've already seen at least 4 protests for this reason), saw the Cardiff Castle, and had some tea in a really nice church. We also saw a museum that had some really excellent science and art exhibits. I always like the art exhibits because they remind me of the art history class that I took. We came home, I bought some train tickets for upcoming events, and now I am here. I really want to add pictures on here but I'm having trouble so hopefully that can happen soon. I met this British boy and instead of "just kidding" they say "I'm telling a lie" and when I heard him say this I started laughing really hard and he looked at me like I was crazy. Then I explained to him that we don't say that in America and he started laughing as well. I can't believe that the Eagles are in the playoffs. With my luck they will probably win the superbowl and the Flyers will win the Stanley Cup.

I'm going to try to add some pictures. Let's see if it works.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Nick! I love your blog!! I finally figured out how to get on this blogspot thing-I hope you get this comment -I love the picture of you guys peeking out from the trees. I'm so glad you're having a great time!! Love you!! :)

    ReplyDelete