Tuesday, January 20, 2009

44




Inauguration Day.


Today I watched the inauguration on TV and got my picture taken for the evening post! I was wearing my J-Roll shirt so I was probably clearly American. And I'm gonna be on Welsh TV! The funny thing is, if I were at home, I probably wouldn't have watched the whole ordeal because I would have been in class or at work during it.




Another interesting point- Obama is the 44th president of the United States. 44 is the international dialing code for the UK. How ironic that I am in the UK during the 44th presidential inauguration so that if anyone wants to call me internationally they need to dial 44 before the call? ...Just something I came across.




Aretha Franklin rocked the house. They should have just turned the inauguration into an Aretha Franklin concert. It would have been much more entertaining. Not to mention cheaper.




Yay for new presidents who might actually do something!

3 comments:

  1. i LOVE the phillies shirt!!!!
    <3julia

    ReplyDelete
  2. ya think? they thought you were american LOL

    i thought aretha was terrible. the rest was nice. i watched the speech at work.

    lovya

    ReplyDelete
  3. i thought aretha was terrible, and i hated her hat!!! we all sat around the kitchen tv at work and watched it. pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete